Monday, May 12, 2008

The Great Escape Big Boy

"Little Houdini"
Today I heard Mason getting up from his nap. I was trying to finish a few things before I went and got him out of his bed. A few minutes later when I went to get him, I slowly opened the door and to my surprise there he was meeting me at the door. I know he is a great climber but I was hoping I would have a few more months before I would have to worry about this (he is almost 18 months). We went to Babies R Us to get a crib tent to keep him in. I used to think these were cruel but not anymore. We finally found the crib tent at Burlington Coat Factory, we got it home and put it together only to find that it does not work on our convertible crib. We could not get it secured to his bed so we took it back and just converted his bed to a BIG BOY BED. So here are some great clips and pictures of this milestone event.

MASON'S

BIG BOY BED

Mason helped us convert his crib to a toddler bed. He had a blast getting up and down on his new Big Boy Bed. It was a hard decision to make but I guess you got to do it sometime and I did not want him to have to get hurt before he would stay in his bed.

He did really good. We went through the normal routine and then I walked him to his room holding his hand and talking about his new bed. He got in bed no problem and gave me a kiss. I told him "night night" and walked out of his room. He stayed there for a minute and got down crying. Joel was still up and so it was his turn to walk him back to his bed. He came back and said he is already asleep. So after 7 hours in his Big Boy Bed (@ 4 am) Mason got up and came in our room. For the 1st time I gave him a cup of water to put in his bed in case he got thirsty and I plugged extra night lights in so if he did try and come to our room he would not be scared. He climbed in bed with us for about 5 minutes. I took him back to his bed he stayed a few minutes but came back to our room. Call me a sucker....he got to sleep a few hours with us. I put him down for a nap about an hour ago and he is doing fine. I did shut the door but I checked and he is in his bed asleep. I will keep you all posted on this. Next thing in taking away the pacifier. I have a feeling that is going to be tough and may do this when Joel is off to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah and Joel! Mason is so cute! I remember the long nights trying to get my kids to stay in their beds! Good luck with that.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones