Friday, June 27, 2008

Critter Fest

The Science Spectrum has a Critter Fest each year. With our membership it was only $6 for all of us to see the animals. I think Mason had a good time the parents did!

There were camels, donkeys and a zerdonk (1/2 zebra and 1/2 donkey), goats, cows, buffalo and horses outside to see.

Then inside there were monkeys, tigers, Prairie dogs, k-9 dog show where dogs did tricks and obstacle courses and many types of reptiles and bugs.

Mason enjoying his blue cotton candy while waiting for the tiger show to start.
Just before they come out I pointed out that you could see one of the tigers behind the curtain. Mason was so interested he sat still and amazingly waited patiently.

There were 4 bangle tigers and one white tiger. They are all from Florida and live at a rescue center. One of the big tigers the man said weighed in at 700 pounds. Ironically he was the same tiger that the trainer said he could feed the raw meat straight out of his hand.



I think he enjoyed the tiger show

After the tiger show we went and looked at the other animals. There were skinks, lizards, snakes, raptors, and turtles. There were others but I can not remember them all.This bearded dragon they call him "Eddy Munster". In a weird way he did look like Eddy.

I think Mason like the snakes because it was his height. There were 3 big snakes in there with the guy. I think he is CRAZY!!!!!

There are lots of fish tanks that are permanent fixtures, but he wanted to look at those things too.

There were several tanks of baby alligators.

The Prairie Dog Rescuers were there with some of their pets. I have seen the ladies that do this on Texas Country Reporter. They are CRAZY too! The use soap and water to flood the Prairie Dog holes and then stick their hands down in the hole and pull them out.

For a small fee of $25 we could have had our picture taken with the monkey.

Here are our free picture. I do not think Mason would have cooperated to take a $25 picture.

We all had a good time see all the animals.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones