Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Introducing Miles Owen

Here we go again!! Originally we were 7th on the list to be induced but when I called the night before we were moved up to 3rd. We were ready to leave @ 5:30 am but when I called again that morning like I was told to I was told to be there @ 6:30 because there were others that went into labor (full moon the night before). So by 7 am we got to our labor and delivery room.
Outside the hospital where Miles was born
Dr. B is the greatest in the world. (Of course I never dilated at all until they started the pitocin.) When he came in to break my water, he asked if I wanted an epidural I told him I sure did any time they were ready to give it to me. I was only 2 centimeters and it shocked that the anesthesiologist was ready to give it to me then. After being in labor for a little more than 9 hours we have reached the magic "10" and ready to go.
Miles Owen Cox was born at 4:21 pm, weighing 6lbs. 3oz. and measured 19 3/4"
Joel and my mom were in the room taking pictures of Miles and mom pulled out here phone and called Joel's mom while Miles was making some of his first noises. Alice was at the houses taking care of Mason and trying to get him to take a nap.
Nurse Marla was the greatest!!! She was with me all day and made sure myself and the others in the room were taken care of.
Little Miles had sucked a huge blister on his right index finger.
MeMe and Miles--She was in it for the long hall too. She went with us to the hospital this morning.
PaPaw with Miles--My dad had to work this day but made it by about 10:00 am before Miles was born.
Joel went down to meet his mom and Mason so they could come to meet baby Miles. Joel's parents stayed with Mason at the house and Joel's dad had to leave and go to a bank meeting. Joel's mom stayed and helped with Mason until Miles arrived and then they came to the hospital.
Our first picture of the 4 of us. Mason had a small nap and was ready to meet his new baby.
Grandmama came to meet Miles before she had to quickly leave on a plane to Dallas for a conference. She and Ronnie were visiting with us all weekend. I do not know what I would have done without their help. They watched Mason for us today. Thanks so much for all you did on this big day and every other day.
Mason, Miles and Mama. My Boys
My sister was so nervous when Mason was trying to hold his new baby brother. He wanted to squeeze him.
Daddy and Miles
Tia Amy and Miles--It meant a lot that my sister was here on this day. She left work early and got here a few hours before Miles was born. She and dad had gone to eat lunch and mom called and told them Miles was here.
Granddaddy and Miles--Ronnie made some miles this week. They visited with us all weekend and then he had to go to a meeting 4 hours away and then he came back to meet Miles.
Going home today!!
Mason and Mom came up to help up get everything ready to go. Ronnie was also there to help. We thought he was going home but he went and got lunch and met us at the house to eat. Mason was so proud of his new baby.
Mason, Mama and Miles ready to go home.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones